This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

May 5, 2008

My greenhouse ('07 and '08 slide show)


This is my 6x10
hobby greenhouse, put up in the fall of 2006. I've had a lot of fun with it, and frustration, but I'm glad I got it. I use it to start flowers and vegetables ear
ly- last year I started my tomatoes a little later than i should have, but we had great, very large beefsteak tomato on the 10th of July!



They were so meaty you could hardly see the seeds!


Now That's a tomato!

The green house is a EZ2build 6x10. I found it on the internet about 6mo. to a year before I purchased it. By the time I could get it I found it at Costco. The one I found on the internet didn't include the the benches or the 2 big smart vents- those had to be added. The one at Costco included both for the same price- $600.00 total! I need to find out if it has an extension kit, if not I will replace it some day with one that is wider and longer. I liked this design because it was simple, easy to build, and it was the only one that placed the vents properly. Maybe when I'm ready to replace or extend it- I might just build my own.
Greenhouse 2008






2006-07


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here