This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

Jun 4, 2008

First Greenhouse Tomato!

Well, the first greenhouse tomato is ripe! I'm not sure how much I like this variety yet, but I'll let you know. I also don't like this looks of it, but then the first one usually isn't all that anyway- even with my beefsteak last year the second one was better than the first. It is still cool and overcast these days and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. In any case, I have a tomato, that probably tastes like a tomato, on June 5th! Very red, meaty...and butt shaped! :)

It will go very nicely with the romaine lettuce I just harvested. Now if only the peas would hurry up!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here