This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

Nov 7, 2008

My new friend 'Peetree'

So, while wondering around in the garden I spotted a hummingbird- the same hummingbird that has been hanging around since we bought the Hummzinger. He has been making a strange noise and chasing off other hummingbirds that come around too.

I discovered the other day that he sits in my camellia in the same spot everyday...not far from the feeder, of course, so I grabbed my camera to try and get some shots. To my surprise, he just sat there waiting for his photo to be taken! He's so tiny and cute! I decided that he should be named 'Peetree'. I just love these photos and can hardly believe I managed to get them. I hope you enjoy them too!

If you want hummingbirds in your yard, I recommend getting the Hummzinger- it is the only one that I have found that stops yellow jackets from getting to the good stuff by inserting these stoppers- the yellow jackets can't reach the food, but the birds can. When the yellow jackets can't get to it they go elsewhere.









































~~~~I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT THIS SHOT~~~~










The photo's were very big so I had to resize them- do they look a little blurry to you? They are the most clear and detailed photos I have ever taken of these birds-


Happy Gardening!
Tessa

2 comments:

  • garden girl

    aw! Our resident hummingbirds are long gone. I was never able to get any photos. They taunted me by lingering when I didn't have the camera with me and zooming off when I did.

    Thanks for the feeder tip. I had to take mine down when I noticed the yellowjackets had figured it out.

  • DirtDigger (Tessa)

    Garden Girl,

    Try that feeder and I think you may get some shots- Peetree guarded his! I've had other feeders and never managed to get any shots either, so I think it's safe to say that the feeder has something to do with it!

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here