This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

Jan 5, 2009

And the New Year begins!



Happy New Year!

Here it is already the 5th and I have yet to wish you all a Happy New Year! I'm very bad. I want to thank you all for your encouragement and thoughtful comments- know that they are appreciated by this new blogger :)

Looking back on the past year, I can't help but feel very blessed and grateful, although the year has been full of a lot of loss. A year of losing family members, one right after another. Losing friends to cancer, and coming a little too close to it myself. Losing friends. I see all this, went through all this and more, and will in the coming years too, I'm sure- as we all will. I guess those things happening just makes the good stand out brighter- and this is the blessing.

My children are healthy. My marriage took a great turn for the better. And although it's not over, my health is better; I made it through some rough patches. I have my parents still, and they have been married 51 years! I have all my family around me- and that is something that I was unsure I would be able to say going into 2009.

Because of what has happened, I feel I have a better perspective on what is really important in my life. I see value in things that before I might have taken for granted- No, I know I would have. Funny how easily we do that. And instead of a New Year's resolution, My New Year's prayer is that I don't forget this throughout the coming year- not get so bogged down and busy that I forget what is right before my eyes! A traditional New Year's resolution is so easy to make, and forget- So, this calls for prayer because I can't do it on my own.

I want to always remember-

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

I'm not sure who wrote that, but I'm sure it was inspired from The Man himself.

May you have many moments that take your breath away this year, and beyond.



Happy Gardening!
Photobucket


6 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here