This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

Jan 20, 2009

Feedburner to Google

Hi all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be moving my feedburner account over to the new Google feed burner this morning. I'm not sure how to do all this, but hopefully Google has made it easy. Apparently they have merged, so all of us using feedburner will have to do this by the end of February, I believe. If I encounter problems during this switch over, I'll be sure to post. For anyone that has subscribed to my blog- please stand by...I'm go'n in! And of course, please let me know if you experience any problems viewing my blog- I will appreciate it greatly. I am pretty new to all this and not sure how it is all going to work out. Thanks.




Happy Gardening, and blogging ;0
Photobucket

8 comments:

  • GardenJoy4Me

    Looks like it is fine from here Tessa !

  • DirtDigger (Tessa)

    Thanks for letting my know, Joy. Have a great day!

  • gardenerprogress/Catherine

    I just looked into that. Since I'm so new to this I'm afraid I'll lose everything. Did you have to put your new feed address anywhere? or does it just redirect for you?

  • DirtDigger (Tessa)

    Catherine,

    It was quite easy- they have further instructions after it's done, like changing your feed address (which just has a 'feed2' change in the address) in your google settings>site feed>post feed redirect url. For others not using blogger blogs- I have no idea. The other change, of course, is any buttons you might have on your blog for subscribing- like mine at the very bottom, and the cute pink one at the top under the header. So far, so good. If I have any problems, I'll be sure to update. Hope this helps!

  • Aerie-el

    ugh, I really don't like having to change codes. So the instructions for how to do it are on the Feedburner site? Guess I'd better quit avoiding doing this. Maybe I'll avoid it one more night though. I have a quilt waiting to get finished tonight. :)
    Thanks for the info--it's a good 'reminder' to those of us who are dragging our heels.

  • gardenerprogress/Catherine

    Thanks, I think I might try doing it soon. I'm just still figuring all this out. Yours seems to be working fine.

  • DirtDigger (Tessa)

    Aerie-el,

    Just before the switch over to google I decided to add that bit of html code to enable stats (if I'm wording that right), so before I switched over I removed that. I really don't know if I should have, but I remember reading that Google won't have that feature as their analytics has it- i think :)I plan of checking that out though- here is a link for the info- http://xrl.in/1fq4 where that code went is on this page. Hope this helps.

    Catherine,

    Thanks for letting me know. If you need any help, just email me.

  • DirtDigger (Tessa)

    Opps, that tiny url didn't work well. Aerie-el, if you need that site address, let me know and I'll email it to you. :)

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here