This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

Jan 12, 2009

My Seeds Arrived!


The seeds I ordered from Johnny’s arrived on Friday, with the exception of one, a beautiful Zinnia I ordered is on back order- I sure hope I get that one soon. Last year was the first year I’ve grown Zinnias- and I love them. They’re easy to start and grow- not to mention beautiful in bouquets. If you’d like to take a peek at this variety it’s called Queen Red Lime.
The other things that I ordered are...


  Lettuce ‘Breen’ 
  Eggplant ‘Hansel
  Tomato ‘Big Beef’- greenhouse variety 
  Tomato ‘New Girl’ greenhouse variety
  Hong Vit Asian green
  Lettuce ‘Focea’ good mini head production 
  Red Komatsuna Asian green 
  Purple Mizuna Asian green
  Salvia ‘Coral Nymph’ 
  Pincushion Flower ‘Black Night’ 
  Watermelon ‘Little Baby Flower’
I’ve ordered some nice new things and some of my favorite regulars. I can’t wait to get started. This year I’ll be growing a lot more in the greenhouse, so I better get that shade cloth!
I look forward to writing all about these plants and more in the coming year!


Happy Gardening!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here