This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

Jan 29, 2009

Problems leaving comments?

 

Hello everyone. Megan at nestmaker, was so kind in letting me know she was experiencing problems leaving a comment on my blog. For some reason, the verification code is not visible. I have run into this problem myself on other blogs, and I would just hit the submit button anyway- and, of course, it to let me know that it needed a verification code, which was visible after that.  If anyone runs into this on any blogger blog, try that. I am not sure if this is a problem with non-blogger blogs.

I plan on doing so research into this, and will be posting an update if I find any solutions.  If anyone knows of any solutions, please let me know so I can include your findings in the update. I certainly don’t want anyone to not be able to leave a comment, if they choose to, so be sure to let me know if you’re having these issues.

Thanks so much for all your comments- know that they are appreciated :)

 



Happy Gardening!

Photobucket

 

Update (February 1): Well, no answer on the Blogger Help Group. Not one that helps anyway. Someone said that they had Firefox and checked an option to accept 3rd party cookies by going to tools>options>privacy tab- the option is in there. I checked mine and it was already checked- so that’s not it.

I’ll keep searching for an answer, but I have not run into this problem lately, so maybe they fixed the problem!

11 comments:

  • Kathleen

    Hi Tessa. I haven't had that problem with your blog, but I've run into it with others. I hope you get it figured out tho ~ comments make it so much more fun!

  • DirtDigger (Tessa)

    Kathleen,

    Thanks for letting me know. Other bloggers have been having the same issues- I'll be sure to post whatever answers I find!

  • Frances

    Hi Tessa, it happens occasionally on nearly all the blogs. I have found that if I click on the wheelchair, then try to post the comment it will give the letters the next time too. Sort of annoying but a comment can still be left.

    Frances

  • DirtDigger (Tessa)

    Frances,

    Thanks for the info. I've noticed that too, if I click on the wheelchair that sometimes it will be okay or hit submit and the verification code will be there. I'm going to see if maybe google has some answers for this (wish me luck :) and I'll be sure to post it.

  • PlantBuddy

    Hi Tessa,
    No problem here. Just dropping by from Blog Catalog. Thanks for adding me, am adding you back. Drop by my gardening blog and check out the garden books.

  • gardenerprogress/Catherine

    I've run into that problem on quite a few blogs. I get a blue x and no word. I usually just type a few random letters, and then a box that has visible letters shows up. I thought it was just me!

  • DirtDigger (Tessa)

    Well, I think it's safe to say that it doesn't happen consistently! I've left a question on the blogger help group- we'll see what they say.

  • Sue

    I have sometimes not been given the word to type, so will submit without writing a word, then it will give me a word to type. There is someone on blotanical who says she has trouble leaving comments on my blog. I'll have to ask her if that's what the problem is.

    I don't understand what the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement is. This is the first time I've heard of it, too.

    Sue

  • DirtDigger (Tessa)

    Sue, thanks for visiting. Yes, please let me know what your friend says about the problem with comments.

    About the no-nofollow- when someone comments on your blog, they leave a link to their blog- having that on your blog is like giving a thumbs up for them to search engines. Blogger (and most others) adds a no follow tag to those links that stops the link love basically- the search engines will ignore their link. It was designed in hopes to stop spamming, and from what I understand, it doesn't work. It does stop those leaving comments on your blog from getting the credit they deserve. This is the only way I know to explain it. If you want a better understanding click the 'Read more here' link just above my comment form or go to this site http://www.searchenginejournal.com/13-reasons-why-nofollow-tags-suck/4410/

    Reason #8 is why I removed the these tags.

  • Jan

    Tessa, I am so glad you mentioned this problem because I have encountered it on other blogs and thought it was something wrong on my end.

    Jan
    Always Growing

  • Sue

    Hi Tessa,
    Yes that is the problem Jill was having leaving comments on my blog. I am having that happen more and more when I go to leave comments. Yesterday, I couldn't just send it blank, I had to type some letters in, like Catherine said. I'll do that from now on.

    Now, I need to figure out why I'm getting emails saying my email cannot be delivered. I need to go back to her blog to see if my comments are there.

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here