This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

Apr 13, 2009

A new addition :)

 

Yes! We have a new addition to our family- He’s bright, he’s cute, and he has valuable poo! Yes, you read right, I said valuable poo!

I’ve been wanting to get a fish, just one fish, and keep it in my office where I have my seed starting shelves. Just an arms length away if I need a nitro boost for some seedlings. It just happened to end up on Easter Day that I decided to get one. And because I got him on Easter Day I thought it only fitting that he should have some sort of biblical name- but what?

I took my son with me to get him, he picked him out and on our way home I told him my idea of naming him after Jesus or at least something biblical. First he said Messiah, them came Omega- and finally he said ‘How about Alpha, mom?’ I laughed and said Alpha Betta! And so his name is Alpha Betta- he he!

So, without further ado, meet Alpha-

 

 

Of course, it was no accident that he’s a fish, or that he’s red- but I can’t take the credit for that :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Resurrection Day yesterday- and as always,

Happy Gardening,

Tessa

8 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here