This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

May 10, 2009

Two Poems for my Mom

 

My Mother Kept A Garden  

            gmaround30
My Mother kept a garden,
a garden of the heart,
She planted all the good things
that gave my life it's start.
She turned me to the sunshine
and encouraged me to dream,
Fostering and nurturing
the seeds of self-esteem...
And when the winds and rain came,
she protected me enough-
But not too much because she knew
I'd need to stand up strong and tough.
Her constant good example
always taught me right from wrong-
Markers for my pathway
that will last a lifetime long.
I am my Mother's garden.
I am her legacy-
And I hope today she feels the love
reflected back from me
Author Unknown

And here is one to make you laugh!

WITH MOTHER IN THE GARDEN

When muvver's in the garden,
'At's where I like to be,
'Cause then I git to help her
A-pickin' things you see.
I help her with the cabbage
An' she don't care at all
When I play bowlin' alley
With cabbage fer a ball.
An' when I count the beanses
She never had to look,
But always knows exac'ly
How many she must cook.
Sometimes we digs b'tatoes
An' when I throw too fur
An' miss it where's the basket
She laughs at me an' her.
She laughs , too, when I holler
'Bount bein' skeered o' toads,
But I'm more scared o' lizards
'At jumps out 'long the roads.
An' muvver thinks it's funny
When I'm below a tree
Where apples keep a-dropping'
An' cannonballin' me.
But one time when tomatoes
Was ripe she didn't grin-
An' I'm not laughin' neither
Fer trouble I was in.
'Cause when she picked tomatoes,
An' piled 'em in her hat,
I falled right over backwards
An' sit down where they're at!

W. M. Herschell

(Of course, you never would have let me talk like that, even at a very young age!)

Thanks for letting me pick the ‘dani-whinies’, Mom...I think it stuck!

Love you Mom!

Tessa

5 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here