This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

Jul 1, 2009

Playing Catch-up

 

Well, I’m back. My sudden trip to TX is now done and I’m glad to be home- it was hot! It is truly amazing to leave your garden, for even a few days, and see how fast everything grows while you’re away! I had to plant a few things quickly just before leaving too and even they grew fast. The rest of the bean seedlings I had, as well as some lettuce and New Zealand Spinach, had to be given away.

As tired as I am, I am glad that my daughter wanted to experiment with her Aunt’s camera, so she ran around the garden getting some fantastic shots. She has quite an eye and I think I should just have her take my pictures that I use on my blog from now on!

Things are really taking off this year! This post will showcase some great photos that my daughter took while experimenting with her Aunt Beth’s camera and in another post we’ll see what is growing in the food area of the garden. Taylor’s camera needs to be replaced soon, so this is a good test for another camera that won’t break the bank- so far I think she likes it. The shots below just got better and better as she played with the Canon Power shot SX110 is.

 

Coreopsis ‘Early Sunrise’


 

 Crocosmia variety unknown

 White Lily variety unknown

 

 Sunflower ‘Strawberry Blonde’

 

 Black-eyed Susan vine

 

 Nasturtium ‘Cherry Rose Jewel’

 

Sunflower ‘Lemon Queen’

Oregano in bloom with a little friend

 

Yep, I think I’ll just let her take photos from now on!

 

Well, I’d better quite or this page will take forever to load, if it doesn’t already! I hope you are enjoying your gardens this week and as usual...

Happy gardening,

Tessa

Photo credit Taylor Neill

11 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here