This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

Oct 16, 2009

Windy with a chance of trees

 

This week we had quite a surprise!

 


I know it’s fall...but come on!

Our old pear tree that died a while back finally fell- and it broke right at soil level! It fell perfectly...and didn’t hit anything (thank God!). We couldn’t have planned it better :). We left it because the squirrels used it, silly I know! The really weird thing is that normally this time of year the wind comes from the west- not the east. If it had come from the west it would have fallen on the house possibly or in between our house and the neighbor’s house maybe. In hindsight, it was probably (probably?;) a bad idea to just let it be- I’m just thankful that no one was hurt!

See what happens? You don’t hear from me for a while and WHAM! As busy as I’ve been lately with sorting things in the house, I had to report this one! I’ll post as I can, but know that it will be hit and miss for a while because of our moving- stay tuned, though as I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted on what’s going on in that department!

Some of you have asked how the healing is going from surgery, and I wanted to let you know that it is going well (but too slow for my taste!). Thanks so much for the emails! I tire easily and from what my doc said, that is to be expected for quite a while- blah! I do a little more every day sorting, packing, etc.

Last week, while we had some sun, we packed up what we’re taking that is outside and moved it to the garage. Everything but the greenhouse and what is in the small shed is packed up- anything that we didn’t want getting wet, in other words. I was sad to find out that my potting bench will have to be left- it is just to weathered to make it. I love my potting bench! I hope the next family to live here will find it useful!

Very sad!

I hope you are all enjoying your fall weather and as usual,

Happy gardening,

Tessa

16 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here