This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

Jan 7, 2011

If this is any indication…

 

Of the coming year, I feel encouraged! This bloomed right on the first day of 2011 :). I tried to get some frost in the shot…

 

 

This image courtesy of Taylor Neill (see more @  http://www.wix.com/downtownamoreux/web)

 

Happy New Year (late) everyone,

 

Tessa

4 comments:

  • Catherine@AGardenerinProgress

    That's really pretty, and great pictures. Is it outside? I remember seeing some once blooming in a planter outside a restaurant downtown Seattle a couple of years ago.

  • Tatyana@MySecretGarden

    Thank you and Happy New Year to you too! Love your amaryllis! I have several of them right now, but the flowers are not big. Anyway, they are beautiful Stay warm!

  • Hocking Hills Gardener

    Hi Tessa. What a gorgeous bloom and just in time for some color for winter. I love the shot with the sun filtering through the bloom. So pretty!

  • DirtDigger (Tessa)

    Hey Catherine, the photos are taken outside- I took the Amaryllis out for a bit of fresh, frosty air. I wanted to get the frosted shrub branches in the shot. Thanks for stopping by!

    Tatyana, I bet they're pretty in bunches. My plan for next year is to pot them all up in the same pot. I don't like the little flimsy pots they often come with. Trying to stay warm! They say another snow is on the way :)

    Lona, So glad you liked the shots- I sure love the look of your blog these days. Happy New Year to you-

    Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here