This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

Jan 29, 2011

Very Scary!

 

I know this is totally off subject, but I had to pass this along. Apparently it is not enough to avoid posting your address, phone number, etc. Geotagging can be dangerous! And for all my blogging friends that regularly post pics of their kids I’m passing this on to you- be safe everyone!

 

Scary!

2 comments:

  • Rosey

    Is there a safe way to post so people can't see where I took the photo? Some editing I can do?

  • DirtDigger (Tessa)

    Rosey, that is a good question and I thought the video was a bit vague on what to do- personally, I've never liked the geotagging idea and never used it in Picasa- now I'm glad. The phones auto geotagging bothers me. The predators out there probably spend all day trying to find ways to hurt others- we think about how to safeguard ourselves a lot less often- I've checked some of my images and I can't locate a lat. and longitude so I don't know what to think...might be worth some research!

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here