This week's 'dig'
Kate at High Altitude Gardening reports a neat thing happening in SLC, UT


You know you're a gardener when...
Photobucket
Blunders with Shoots, Blossoms 'n Roots
Where things either live or die!

Mar 18, 2011

Waiting for Spring

 

So today while shopping for food, we found these on sale…

A nice addition to what we planted last year- we’d like to add quite a few berries to our berry area this year.

We came home and then we saw this out the window…

I purchased my plastic today for the tunnel…I was going to start some Mache, spinach, and claytonia…we’ll see.

 

Spring is so close? Happy gardening,

Tessa

2 comments:

  • Jenni

    I'll be curious how much longer you have snow, for being just over the mountains, I'm really unfamiliar with when the seasons commonly change over on your side. I have to clean out my strawberry beds today as I see many new green shoots. I'm looking forward to digging in the dirt.

  • DirtDigger (Tessa)

    Hey Jenni, well according to some gardening friends things start to change in April- but we can have frost any time of the year! I watched the weather for a year or so before we moved (from Portland) and I estimated that it is about a month behind Portland (maybe a bit over- we'll see, one thing is for sure, we get sun, sun sun! This is a weird year, I think, because of La Nina. Some serious record keeping has been going on since we moved!

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate leaving your thoughts! My comments are highlighted in light green. I support the No-NoFollow/DoFollow comments movement, so you all will get some well deserved link love! As always, happy gardening to you :)

Tessa

Fight spam not blogs! Read more here